Ride - not starting anymore

Hi, when I try to run ride.py I suddenly get this error message ( no changes were made on the win7 system before):

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "H:\TA\python\miniconda2\lib\site-packages\robotide\application\application.py", line 59, in OnInit
    self._plugin_loader.enable_plugins()
  File "H:\TA\python\miniconda2\lib\site-packages\robotide\application\pluginloader.py", line 43, in enable_plugins
    p.enable_on_startup()
  File "H:\TA\python\miniconda2\lib\site-packages\robotide\application\pluginconnector.py", line 52, in enable_on_startup
    self.enable()
  File "H:\TA\python\miniconda2\lib\site-packages\robotide\application\pluginconnector.py", line 57, in enable
    self._plugin.enable()
  File "H:\TA\python\miniconda2\lib\site-packages\robotide\contrib\testrunner\testrunnerplugin.py", line 165, in enable
    self._test_runner.enable(self._post_result)
  File "H:\TA\python\miniconda2\lib\site-packages\robotide\contrib\testrunner\testrunner.py", line 84, in enable
    self._start_listener_server(result_handler)
  File "H:\TA\python\miniconda2\lib\site-packages\robotide\contrib\testrunner\testrunner.py", line 115, in _start_listener_server
    self._server = RideListenerServer(RideListenerHandler, handle)
  File "H:\TA\python\miniconda2\lib\site-packages\robotide\contrib\testrunner\testrunner.py", line 495, in __init__
    SocketServer.TCPServer.__init__(self, ("", 0), RequestHandlerClass)
  File "H:\TA\python\miniconda2\lib\SocketServer.py", line 414, in __init__
    self.socket_type)
  File "H:\TA\python\miniconda2\lib\socket.py", line 191, in __init__
    _sock = _realsocket(family, type, proto)
socket.error: [Errno 10022] Ein ung▒ltiges Argument wurde angegeben
OnInit returned false, exiting...
Error in atexit._run_exitfuncs:
  File "H:\TA\python\miniconda2\lib\atexit.py", line 24, in _run_exitfuncs
    func(*targs, **kargs)
wxAssertionError: C++ assertion "GetEventHandler() == this" failed at ..\..\src\common\wincmn.cpp(478) in wxWindowBase::~wxWindowBase(): any pushed event handlers must have been removed
Error in sys.exitfunc:
  File "H:\TA\python\miniconda2\lib\atexit.py", line 24, in _run_exitfuncs
    func(*targs, **kargs)
wx._core.wxAssertionError: C++ assertion "GetEventHandler() == this" failed at ..\..\src\common\wincmn.cpp(478) in wxWindowBase::~wxWindowBase(): any pushed event handlers must have been removed

Probably the python version you have installed is 2.7, and there are some unicode characters in include or exclude fields of TestRunner. If this is so, then you must be using a version of RIDE near 1.5.2.1.
As you see, I am doing a lot of “if” assumptions, because you did not give some relevant info.

Thx for the reply.
yes, Python version is 2.7.15
Ride version is 1.7.3.1
This setup it was working perfectly…

I can only think that there is some problematic configuration in the Run tab.
To clear that, you go to %APPDATA% and edit RobotFramework\ride\settings.cfg, then locate the Test Runner section and deleted the exclude_tags, include_tags, and arguments entries.
Do a backup of the file if you want to keep any info.

If this does not help, then try to re-install RIDE, or to delete this settings (or even the RobotFramework\ride folder but will start without any libraries help and definitions).

After installing Ride on mac still i am not able to use ride.py command.
I have installed ride using Master.zip
[HelioGuilherme66]

Version of python, wxPython?
python -m robotide.__init__

You should have started a new topic.

Hi HelioGuilherme66,
can we use ride with python 3.9? due to some complience issue on my windows for python I can’t install Python 3.7 anymore.
Please suggest a way to use ride with python 3.9.
Thanks in advance

And one more issue with bita version of ride I am facing crashing issue when I am tring to edit in text editor RIDE v2.0b2.dev4.
Please suggest solution for this