RIDE compatibility with new IF/ELSE and nested loops from Robot Framework 4.0

Hello all,

Are there any plans to add support for the new IF/ELSE IF/ELSE syntax and nested loops introduced in Robot Framework 4.0? Now it just removes all the indentation.

Or it there any workaround for this?

Thank you!
Best regards

1 Like

Yes, there are plans, but no dates.

Try to use only the Text Editor, or only the Grid Editor (I have not tested it yet).

Actually RIDE has been left behind from Robot Framework 4.x and Selenium Library 5.x.
Soon also release 3.10.x of Python will be available.
RIDE project on pypi.org shows at least 5 maintainers (including @HelioGuilherme66 and “robotframework” itself), but developments/updates go extremely slow (no stable updates/releases have been published for it since Apr. 2020, i.e v1.7.4.2) and are done by Hèlio only, apparently without any plan.
So i wonder if it still makes any sense to keep using this editor while big enhancements and new features are continuously developed on Robot Framework and Selenium Library but that are not usable in RIDE?

@axiom41 You a right, about the speed of development, but in version 2.0 (almost one year to release next Beta), some adjustments have been made and SeleniumLibrary is working fine (getting documentation). Some problems are still present for newest robotframework, but I believe that people can still use RIDE, as long they know the limitations. I do my best to keep the project alive.