Pause Execution Not working

Dear All,

I want to pause execution of my test for user confirmation. However if I use “Ride” - the pause execution fail giving some TCL error .

Is there any alternative way to do interactive testing? or how to solve the below problem.

TclError: Can’t find a usable init.tcl in the following directories:
{C:\Python27\tcl\tcl8.5} C:/Python27/tcl/tcl8.6 c:/users/admin/appdata/local/programs/python/python38/lib/tcl8.6 c:/users/admin/appdata/local/programs/python/lib/tcl8.6 c:/users/admin/appdata/local/programs/lib/tcl8.6 c:/users/admin/appdata/local/programs/python/library c:/users/admin/appdata/local/programs/library c:/users/admin/appdata/local/programs/tcl8.6.9/library c:/users/admin/appdata/local/tcl8.6.9/library

C:/Python27/tcl/tcl8.5/init.tcl: version conflict for package “Tcl”: have 8.6.9, need exactly 8.5.19
version conflict for package “Tcl”: have 8.6.9, need exactly 8.5.19

Regards,
Vikram

Well, you don’t mention what is the version of RIDE. Let’s assume it is 1.7.4.2, on Python 2.7.

You can see that there are several Python installations, 2.7 and 3.8, that is why it found the one installed at 3.8 which is not compatible with the library Dialogs.

Better to use a single instance of Python (or change the PATH variable to find first the one you need).
This can even, be not related to RIDE, but to which Python you have robot installed.

When using RIDE, you can avoid using Dialogs.Pause Execution, and use a step with a comment followed by a string starting with Pause (not case sensible). This is:

Comment    Pause here to DEBUG, and then use Continue button on Run tab

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes RIDE version is 1.7.4.2 running on Python 2.7.18.
Actually for a few libraries I need Python 3.8 but RIDE need 2.7, so I need to have both.

Pause is also helpful. Thanks a lot.