Replace Robot Framework Support

I am looking for a tool to replace Robot Framework Support. Syntax highlighting, code completion, Robot Library keywords, jump to resource are just a few functionalities I would like in the tool set.

I am using RF 5.0 and PyCharm 2022.1 Community Ed.

Use Robot Framework Language Server - IntelliJ IDEs Plugin | Marketplace and uninstall any other robot framework plugins.

That should fit the bill for what you want.

1 Like

@Wolfe1 That solution is on spot. thanks. I do have a follow-up question. Now that I am using RF Language Server whenever I delete Results files (log.html, output.xml, report.html) I have to perform a Refactor to delete them. I do not know if it was caused by the plugin but the behavior just started after installation. I was wondering if you may be familiar with the issue.

Hmm not sure if thats the plugin but do you have these items added to your .gitignore ?

# Robot framework generated files
*.html
*.xml
*.log
*.jpg
*.png
*.out
*.pabotsuitenames

No - I see only one of these files in the project

This is the .gitignore file from the venv directory. That’s ok (you probably don’t want to commit the Python venv :slight_smile: )
The .gitignore file in the project root dir is up to you and @Wolfe1 already wrote what it should contain.
Important: this won’t prevent the creation of such files.
To tell Robot Framework not to generate any of the log files at all you have to use he cli arguments of RF; create a .vscode/launch.json and fill in the args:

{
    "version": "0.2.0",
    "configurations": [
        {
            "type": "robotframework-lsp",
            "name": "Robot Framework: Launch .robot file",
            "request": "launch",
            "cwd": "${workspaceFolder}",
            "target": "${file}",
            "terminal": "none",
            "env": {
             // example