Problem with existing libraries after pip installing a new one

After installing RPA.Assets within Visual Studio for use with Robot Framework 2 of my existing libraries (ApplicationLibrary.DesktopLibrary, RPA.Windows ) showed errors when running. I have removed RPA.Assets as I don’t have a direct need for it right now.

I have managed to resolve the error with ApplicationLibrary.DesktopLibrary by pip reinstalling, I think the installer used an earlier version of selenium. (see below)

Installing collected packages: selenium
Attempting uninstall: selenium
Found existing installation: selenium 4.11.2
Uninstalling selenium-4.11.2:
Successfully uninstalled selenium-4.11.2
ERROR: pip’s dependency resolver does not currently take into account all the packages that are installed. This behaviour is the source of the following dependency conflicts.
rpaframework 18.0.0 requires rpaframework-core<11.0.0,>=10.0.1, but you have rpaframework-core 11.0.5 which is incompatible.
rpaframework 18.0.0 requires selenium<5.0.0,>=4.4.0, but you have selenium 3.141.0 which is incompatible.
rpaframework-core 11.0.5 requires selenium<5.0.0,>=4.6.1, but you have selenium 3.141.0 which is incompatible.
robotframework-seleniumlibrary 6.0.0 requires selenium>=4.0.0, but you have selenium 3.141.0 which is incompatible.
Successfully installed selenium-3.141.0

RPA.Windows unfortunately still has a problem -:

"Error in file ‘C:\RobotFramework\Tests\xxxxx.robot’ on line 21: Importing library ‘RPA.Windows’ failed: ImportError: cannot import name ‘is_numeric’ from ‘RPA.core.windows.helpers’ (c:\users\administrator\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages\RPA\core\windows\helpers.py)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “c:\users\administrator\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages\RPA\Windows_init_.py”, line 8, in
from . import utils
File “c:\users\administrator\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages\RPA\Windows\utils.py”, line 4, in
from RPA.core.windows.helpers import ( # noqa: F401

Any help would be much appreciated.

sorry, cant help but just poiting out that these sort of scenarios is the reason to always use virtual environments and never install anything into global python…

Sorry I made an error it was RPA.Assistant I installed via pip then added its entry into the Settings section of my robot file.

I’m not familiar with virtual environments would this have helped if I wanted to reverse the pip install of RPA.Assistant such that my system would be as previous ?