Inquiry Regarding Process for Executing Robot Automation Tests using Screwdriver YAML

I hope this email finds you well. We have been utilizing Screwdriver as our continuous integration and delivery tool, and we are eager to incorporate it into our automation testing workflow.

Our team has been exploring ways to execute Robot Framework automation tests using Screwdriver’s YAML configuration. As we believe your expertise in this area would be invaluable, we would like to inquire about the process for integrating Robot automation tests into our existing Screwdriver pipelines using the YAML file.

We are particularly interested in understanding the following aspects:

• YAML Configuration: Could you kindly provide us with an example of a Screwdriver YAML configuration that successfully runs Robot Framework test suites? We would like to grasp the key components and settings required to achieve this integration.
  • Docker Image: What specific Docker image or setup is recommended for executing Robot Framework tests within a Screwdriver pipeline? We want to ensure that we have the necessary dependencies and libraries in place for seamless test execution.
  • Test Reporting: How can we access the test reports generated by Robot Framework when executed within Screwdriver? Understanding how to retrieve and interpret these reports will be crucial for our team’s test analysis.
  • Integration Best Practices: Are there any best practices or tips you can share with us when integrating Robot automation tests into Screwdriver? We aim to optimize our testing process and ensure efficiency.

We greatly appreciate your guidance and assistance in helping us streamline our automation testing process using Screwdriver and Robot Framework. Your insights will undoubtedly benefit our team’s efforts to improve the reliability and quality of our software.

Hi @devLovewanshi4,

Note:- I’ve never used Screwdriver, actually I’d never even heard if it before.

Based on this: → jobconfiguration

You need a jobs: section with your job that contains a steps: section, the step then should contain your robot command.

I guess it should look something like this:

jobs:
    robottest:
        steps:
            - test: robot mytest.robot

the only potential issue here is if you need to specify paths, so I guess for that you need to see the Envorinment link on that page above

This is all just a guess based on the documentation, but hopefully it helps,

Dave.