How to run only select tests in vscode

This may seem simple to you pro automation peeps, but i just mastered RF a year ago and I have not done any development. So I’m putting this here for newbies like me. I found an even better way to set up RF for vscode. Just list the tests and not the suites in the launch.json file and comment or uncomment a test as needed. Then when you run it in vscode you will see pass fail for each test instead of the suite. For example say my test suites are Suite1, Suite2, Suite3 and have 3 tests in each, but I only want to run 1 test from each suite.

{
// Use IntelliSense to learn about possible attributes.
// Hover to view descriptions of existing attributes.
// For more information, visit: Debugging in Visual Studio Code
“version”: “0.2.0”,
“configurations”: [
{
“type”: “robotframework-lsp”,
“name”: “Robot with arg file”,
“request”: “launch”,
“cwd”: “${workspaceFolder}”,
“target”: “${workspaceFolder}”,
“args”: [
“OpenBrowserTest1”,
//“OpenBrowserTest2”,
//“OpenBrowserTest3”
“SearchFilterTest1”,
//“SearchFilterTest2”,
//“SearchFilterTest3”
“SearchTxtTest1”,
//“SearchTxtTest2”,
//“SearchTxtTest3”
]
}
]
}

Hi Greg,
I am not sure if I understand your question correctly but the following might help:

Following this you can configure the launch.json in order to just press the Run Button. This is available for a single test tase or test suite.

Oh sorry, it wasn’t a question. I was just putting this out there for as what worked for me for other newbies at vscode.

When you have that saved, run the following command Cmd - Shift - P on Mac or Ctrl - Shift - P on Linux and Windows within the VS Code interface then type Run Test Task, press Enter and select test .

Blockquote

Thank you….