How do you run multiple suites back to back in vscode?

I just set up RobotFramework in vscode and got it to work finally, but it only runs the first suite when I select multiple suites. This is my first time using vscode. How do you run multiple suites back to back like in RIDE?

Thanks

If you are using the Robot Framework Language Server (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=robocorp.robotframework-lsp), then you need to create a custom launch configuration in launch.json where the target is the folder with the files you want to run.

1 Like

Got it! It works! Thank you.

How would you skip a test suite? For example run test1.robot, test3.robot, test4.robot.
Thank you.

Hi, i remember that you could exclude test cases with tags like so: Robot Framework User Guide

Thank you. I am very new to vscode and the learning curve seems steep to me. I understand how to exclude tags in a command line, but not from vscode. I barely understand how to use vscode with robot framework.

I figured it out. I may be wrong, but it works for me. I added the test suites into the arguments of the launch.json file and commented out TestSuite2 so it wouldn’t run. I had tried doing it in the tasks.json file but couldn’t get it to work. Again, I have no knowledge of how to use vscode as I have always used RIDE and probably will continue to do so for editing.
Here is what i did:
launch.json:

{
    // Use IntelliSense to learn about possible attributes.
    // Hover to view descriptions of existing attributes.
    // For more information, visit: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=830387
    "version": "0.2.0",
    "configurations": [
        {
            "type": "robotframework-lsp",
            "name": "Robot with arg file",
            "request": "launch",
            "cwd": "${workspaceFolder}",
            "target": "${workspaceFolder}",
            "args": [
                "TestSuite1",
                //"TestSuite2",
                "TestSuite3"