[ WARN ] Exception managing chrome: Unable to discover proper chromedriver version in offline mode

I have a test suite that i run in GitHub actions, since few weeks i am getting following warning.
[ WARN ] Exception managing chrome: Unable to discover proper chromedriver version in offline mode

following is the list of my libraries and there versions.

#ROBOT FRAMEWORK ENV VARIABLES
ENV ROBOT_FRAMEWORK_VERSION 4.0.1
ENV REQUEST_OAUTHLIB 1.3.0
ENV ARCHIVE_LIBRARY 0.4.0
ENV ASSERTION_ENGINE 0.0.6
ENV BROWSER_LIBRARY 4.3.0
ENV DATABASE_LIBRARY 1.2.4
ENV EXTENDED_REQUESTS_LIBRARY 0.5.5
ENV JSON_LIBRARY  0.3.1
ENV PYTHON_LIBCORE 2.2.1
ENV REQUESTS 0.9.1
ENV SELENIUM_LIBARY 5.1.3
ENV SELENIUM 3.141.0
ENV SETUP_TOOLS 49.2.1
ENV SIX  1.15.0
ENV TOX 3.0.0
ENV TYPING_EXTENSIONS 3.10.0.0
ENV URL_LIB3 1.26.5

can anyone help me with this issue please.

That warning comes from selenium-manager which afaik was released in Selenium > 4.0 - so you listing “env variables”, doesn’t really make much sense in this scenario. Also, googling for that particular warning message points to couple of github issues for Selenium that sort of points out that particular line should not be WARN but DEBUG.

1 Like

but the issue is only with chrome browser, also I have added env variables just for more info that this are the versions and library I have been using

Seleniun 3.141.0 does not ship with selenium-manager and this WARN is from selenium-manager.

Either your env variables do not do anything or something overrides older selenium with never version.

Also, as i said, there where 2 reports in Selenium’s github saying that the log line you see is a “bug” in selenium-manager when using chrome as browser. Selenium-manager first tries to find chromedriver binary in the offline mode - eg, scans all directories in PATH if chromedriver can be found - if not, shows this particular WARN. Bug is, it should be DEBUG… Only after this scan phase, actual chromedriver is downloaded.

1 Like