Screencap monitor selection parameter

Hi everyone,

I have a small issue with ScreenCap library, linked to the monitor parameter
I simply use :

Take Partial Screenshot    name=screen quality=100    left=25    top=450    width=1750    height=300    monitor=0

But on my two screens setup, no matter the monitor value is (0, 1, 2…) the left screen is always captured.
Worse for some values (i.e. 1) screenshot is performed, but with a smaller size/ratio.

I’m maybe missing something…
Additional infos is that my top TEST_SETUP has a mechanism to Start Video Recording and here the monitor parameter works.
Only difference is that parameter is set in Library importing part.
On the test case issue I have not ScreenCap import and the keyword is functioning.

Thanks for your hints.

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

I had a little free time, so did some digging, I think the problem is here

I started from here:

and followed the code paths to endup at the point above.

If I understood correctly if is_pygtk is false (I think this means windows) and you are taking a png screenshot then the monitor variable is not used and it looks like it doesn’t even do the partial screenshot

Can you try using a jpeg screenshot and confirm my suspicion?

Dave.

1 Like

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the digging.
Indeed it seems that some part are not used in my case…
I don’t have the setup right now being on the move. But I’ll give it a try and let you know.
Thanks !

Charlie

1 Like

Hi Charlie,

If you find I’m right, the best thing to do is log a issue in the Library’s issue register, as I’m not involved in that library.

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Made tests just now, setting the format=jpeg in the Take Partial Screenshot keyword works properly.
It takes screenshot with monitor 1 or 2 as settled also in the keyword.
Value 0 should do both screens, but on a partial screenshot not sure about expected behavior.

Anyway I’ve opened an issue on the library, see if something can be done.
The concerned tests are runned in Docker so it’s not a big issue, but when debugging or else outside of the container this can be cumbersome.

Thanks again for the help !

Charlie

1 Like