RED doesn't find Builtin-Libraries with RobotFramework 4.0b1

Dear reader,

I try to use RobotFramework 4.0b1 and latest RED, but unfortunately it seems that it doesn’t load the Builtin-Libraries.
E.g. it writes “unknown keyword ‘log’”.
Unchanged workspace with e.g. 3.2.1 RobotFramework works without issue.

I’m happy for any idea how to solve this issue because I would like to stay with the 4.0 version.

Thank you,
Thomas

Hi,

Yes RED is not yet compatible to RF 4.0

You may want to raise an issue for the RED project on Github.
The Beta 1 of Robot Framework is in a state where it makes sense to start working on the new Libdoc XML to get compatible.

Cheers

Hi René,

Thank you for your fast answer.

Can you please give me a bit more info about your proposal, then we try to go deeper into this:

I also created an issue for the RED project:

Thank you,
Thomas

It was not really a proposal.

I just say, it does not support it yet, but the developers should start working on that issue. :wink:

the question is: when I update robotframework: pip install robotframework==4.0.3 then are all files that excist overwritten? or… does it install in a new directory. installing in a new directory would make it more flexible/possible to see the differences between the 3.x and 4.x files. also: when once breaking the old testset with 4.0 it completely corrupts that testset. in the log files are rules/lines I can’t explain.

Also, what’s not clear to me. Do I need to re-build the set?

And if errors appear for example because of the ‘TestRunnerAgent.py’. Can I replace this file with the 3.x version? will it work again?

TestRunnerAgent.py line 847
20210603 14:18:15.237 : FAIL : ValueError: Argument ‘url’ got value ‘https://specimened.nl/test/invoegenvoedselbug6.php’ that cannot be converted to None.