Library RequestsLibrary shows Import file not found, and can not find Create Session

Hi All,
Can someone please help me?
I can not find Create Session on Test Cases, and the Library: RequestsLibrary is not recognized on Settings. Am I missing something?
Library RequestsLibrary shows Import file not found

I have installed the following:
requests 2.31.0
robotframework 6.1.1
robotframework-appiumlibrary 2.0.0
robotframework-assertion-engine 2.0.0
robotframework-browser 17.4.0
robotframework-jsonlibrary 0.5
robotframework-pythonlibcore 4.2.0
robotframework-requests 0.9.5
robotframework-seleniumlibrary 6.1.1
robotframework-sshlibrary 3.7.0
selenium 4.12.0
jsonpath-ng 1.5.3
jsonpath-rw 1.4.0
jsonpath-rw-ext 1.2.2
jsonschema 4.19.0
jsonschema-specifications 2023.7.1

Many thanks in advance

Hi Alejandro,

Iā€™m not sure what editor your using? but the problem you are having is no robot framework, but rather the syntax plugin for your editor.

Please mention which editor and which plugin you are using and hopefully someone familiar with that combination can help you.

Dave.

Hi,

Most of the time Pycharm fails to recognize the library .Try with VScode and those libraries to the Python path. This would help to solve the problem

Hi Dave,

Many thanks for your answer.
I am using Pycharm as editor and the plugin is IntelliBot #patched 0.16.191.8026

I have also tried Visual Studio Code and with it works OK, the Library RequestsLibrary and Create Session do not show errors so the problem seems to be in Pycharm, it does not recognize Library RequestsLibrary and Create Session
Do I need any extra plugin or configuration in Pycharm?

Many thanks
Alejandro

Hi Dinesh,

Many thanks for your answer.
Yes, with Visual Studio Code works OK, Do I need any extra plugin or configuration in Pycharm?

Best Regards,
Alejandro

Hi Alejandro,

Thats great

If it works in VS code it is better to go with VScode.pycharm intellibot plugin has an issue recognizing libraries or keywords

Hi, you can try to use Hyper RobotFramework Support Plugin - it works for me very well

Also check that your installed libs are in your venv - otherwise copy them.
To check this you can run pip install robot-framework requests. You should get an info that requests is already installed and here you can see where it is. Just check for the libs path.

Hi @Damies13, @Dinesh, @Camilb

It works now for me in Pycharm many thanks to you all
Best Regards,
Alejandro

1 Like