How can I become a member to develop robot framework?

Hi everyone,

I have 6 years of experience with the Robot Framework, and I truly love working with it. It gives me a sense of ease when writing code, thanks to its simplicity and clarity. It’s easy to learn and teach, and incredibly flexible, allowing developers to implement their ideas seamlessly. I’ve even built a custom framework using Robot, which is one of the projects I’m most proud of.

Now, I’d love to take the next step and join the development team to help share my passion with others and contribute to making Robot Framework even better for developers. Could anyone guide me on how to become a part of the team?

Thank you!

Recommended first steps:

1. Join the Robot Framework Slack
  2. Join the channel #devel inside the Slack
  3. Follow the discussions, give feedback, ask questions
  4. Check out the issues in the GitHub repo and search for the ones with label good first issue
3 Likes

I got it. Thanks for your suggestion

You could also consider improving the RF ecosystem for users via third party tools, projects, plugins, remote library server interface implementations, etc.

Back when I was first interested in RF, there was a lack of remote library integration support with very few languages supported, and Java support only ran via Jython, same for .NET support only via IronPython. I helped in the (third party) effort to add/improve support for several languages including Java and .NET, and today, we have a lot more languages/platforms supported for remote library interfacing than it did over a decade or more ago.

Your contributions don’t have to be strictly with the core framework. But in any case, I suggest you contribute in terms of where you have the most expertise to help and also where you can be most creative/impactful with contributions.

2 Likes