Error when starting robot tests

Hi there!
I can’t solve the problem with this error:
Suite setup failed:
TypeError: WebDriver.init() got an unexpected keyword argument ‘executable_path’
Few days ago all was fine and worked well, today, I’m trying to solve the problem fr hours and nothing helps.
Please help me!
I’ve run all updates:
ROBOT_FRAMEWORK_VERSION 6.0.2
ROBOT_FRAMEWORK_SELENIUMLIBRARY 6.1.0
FAKER 18.10.1

When my tests run “Test setup” with the next code, all tests fail with the previous error:

Load application and set window size
[Arguments] ${URL} ${Browser} ${BrowserWidth} ${BrowserHeight}
${chrome_options}= Evaluate sys.modules[‘selenium.webdriver’].ChromeOptions() sys
Call Method ${chrome_options} add_argument --disable-logging
Call Method ${chrome_options} add_argument --no-sandbox
Call Method ${chrome_options} add_argument --headless
Call Method ${chrome_options} add_argument --window-size=${BrowserWidth},${BrowserHeight}
Open Browser ${URL} ${Browser} options=${options}

Hi Vladislav,

I had the same issue myself today, i believe it’s related to this issue → TypeError: WebDriver.__init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'service_log_path' · Issue #1835 · robotframework/SeleniumLibrary · GitHub

The quick fix worked for me → TypeError: WebDriver.__init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'service_log_path' · Issue #1835 · robotframework/SeleniumLibrary · GitHub

Hope that helps,

Dave.

1 Like

Thank you a lot!

1 Like

I also faced the same issue after upgrading the robot framework & some robo libraries. after I downgraded selenium & robotframework-seleniumlibrary. now it’s working fine for me.

used selenium==4.1.3 & robotframework-seleniumlibrary 6.0.0 & robotframework 5.0.1