Embedding image to log

Hi!

Is it possible, using sikuli for image recognition to get the html log to show the image sikuli was looking for in case it fails finding it on the screen?

I know it’s possible to take a screenshot of the current state if a keyword/test fails and attach it to the log. Would the same be possible but instead of a screenshot you embed the image sikuli was using for comparison if said image can’t be found on screen.

Hi Oliver,

Are you using this Sikuli library? see the screen shot at the end of the page, is this what you are asking for?

Dave.

Hello and thank you for your answer damies.

Yes, that is the library we are using. Currently if sikuli for example manages to find and click an image, the picture it used for comparison is attached to the log. However if it fails/can’t find the image on the screen there are no images attached to the log only text/name of the picture.

So the possibilty of embedding images from the sikuli image folders exists but it doesn’t currently fire if/when keywords fail.

Hi Oliver,

Ah I see what you mean, Like you i’m just a user of this library, I’ve not seen the devs for this library on this forum so probably the best thing to do is raise a feature request issue and see what response you get. From looking at the github site it looks like it’s still being actively maintained with 5 issues resolved this year.

Dave.