What is the maximum process are supported for parallel execution in robot framework par

Hi Team,

What is the maximum process are supported for parallel execution in robot framework

Thanks,
Arundathi

Hi Arundathi,

Is this question in relation to pabot?

Assuming so I don’t know that there is a software maximum, it’s more a matter of how many processes can your machine handle?

From usage:

The default number of processes depends on the number of CPU cores. (2 processes per core)
If no number processes is given, the default number of processes is used.

That seems like a reasonable starting point run with the default first, and monitor the machine you are running on, if your resourced utilisation (CPU, MEM, Disk IO, etc) is low like below 50% then you could try doubling the number processes and monitor again, this should give you an idea if you can increase further and by how much or if you need to back off a bit.

It really depends on your hardware and the resource intensiveness of your test cases, the same machine might handle 20 processes with one app’s test cases and might struggle with 2 processes for another app’s test cases.

Sorry it’s not a definitive answer but there’s too many variable to give one. I hope this helped.

Dave.

1 Like

yes this is related to pabot ,parallel execution,we have checked up to 220 process it is working fine,could anyone let me know the maximum limit

I dont think there’s a hard cap within Pabot itself - its more about the SUT you are testing, amount of memory you have and cpu and io speeds.