Subject: Issue with Retrieving Data from Specific Excel Cell in Robot Framework

Hi Everyone,

I’m encountering an issue in Robot Framework where I need to retrieve data from a specific cell in an Excel file, for example, cell G5. However, I’m facing difficulties as the keywords I use for Excel manipulation are throwing errors as “undefined keyword”. I’ve installed the necessary Excel library and dependencies. If anyone has encountered a similar issue and knows how to resolve it, I would greatly appreciate your assistance. Thank you in advance.

Hi Javed,

Which specific Library are you using for reading Excel? (there is more than one)

What does the line you read the cell look like? (if you have a syntax error we might then be tell you what that is.

What is the error you got?most of the time the solution can be found in the error message.

Unfortunately you haven’t given enough information for anyone to even guess what your issue is.

Dave.

1 Like

Hi Dave ,

Which specific Library are you using for reading Excel? (there is more than one)
I’m reading trying to read xlsx file
What does the line you read the cell look like? (if you have a syntax error we might then be tell you what that is)
${Username} Read Excel Cell 4 1
Input Text ${usernamexpath} ${Username}
error message ?
am getting expections like noopeneddocumentsExceptions for this and file name , drivers, everything is proper.

If possible we both can sync and discuss and let me know the availability of your time. Thanks for responding. :smiling_face:

Hi Javid,

Although you didn’t show it, hopefully you followed the example in the Read Excel Cell documentation?

The error you’re getting indicates you haven’t got an excel file opened buy ExcelLibrary, did you use Open Excel Document or Create Excel Document?

Also don’t forget you shouldn’t have the file open in excel at the same time as ExcelLibrary is using it, and don’t forget to Close Current Excel Document before exiting the test (or your file might remain locked)

I won’t be able to connect as I’ll be traveling for the next few weeks, but will check in on this forum when I can get an internet connection.

Dave.