SerialException: could not open port ‘/dev/ttyUSB0’

Not sure how to resolve this error
PS C:\Development\robot-scripts\pythonProject\IOT> robot -d results tests/RaspberryPi3B.robot

RaspberryPi3B

System Boots | FAIL |
Parent suite setup failed:
SerialException: could not open port ‘/dev/ttyUSB0’: FileNotFoundError(2, ‘The system cannot find the path specified.’, None, 3)

The example I am building from has the variable for serial as “${SERIAL_PORT} /dev/ttyUSB0”.
My test setup is on Windows 11 connecting via SSH and WiFi to a Raspberry Pi 3B if this helps.

I suppose you need to run the tests inside RaspberryPi.

Why not install robotframework there? I have report that even RIDE was possible to install :slight_smile:

Because I am trying to get a working set up to do HIL testing using the Raspberry Pi as the target.
My connection to it is thru Wifi. RIDE is just another IDE and I already have PiCharm IDE set up and working.

Hi,

I have used pigpio library to use GPIO serial connection in Raspberry Pi. Maybe there could be some help for you.

Br,
Sami

Hi Gordon,

I gather you already saw my reply in the other thread, But I’ll include the link here for anyone else who might need it.

As I mentioned, /dev/ttyUSB0 is a Unix style port name, for windows you should use something that looks like COM2 or COM10.

Dave.

You should have created a new post.

Sure…will create new post