Screen capture no more displayed in logs with jenkins robot plugin

Hello,

Now than screenshots are stored in directory browser/screenshot within the logpath I have an issue when I am using Jenkins to trigger my runs.
I am using Jenkins with Robot Framework plugin 3.0.1 to display the run results when finished.
What happens is that now the .png files are no more displayed in the log.html
when I dig into this problem I have noticed that in the jenkins workplace of my job, the log.html has invalid path for the .png files, indeed, the is missing in the path
my log.html is in : /ws/logs/log.html
and when I look into the log.html file iself, /ws/browser/screenshot/fail-screenshot-1.png : the logs directory is missing

Anyone face this issue or have any idea how to sort it out?

Thanks for your help!

I think you need to double-check the copy files/directories step on the Jenkins job.

Did you have a fix on this issue? Confronting a similar issue yet no reaction from anybody and couldn’t discover this point investigating in google.

Add a step to copy all missing files and directories tin Jenkins job.

This is due to the new location of the screen capture that are located into a Browser directory in your log directory
In order to solve this issue in the “Advanced” section of the Publish Robot Framework test results part of your config , you have a “Other files to copy” section
I have set : .png, **/.png
(I think the 1st *.png is now useless but I kept it … :slight_smile: )
Now I have my screencapture back in my reports !
Hope it helps

That’s what I am looking for, Thanks for sharing.

Hello, you can use “EMBED” to embed picture into report. Take Screenshot EMBED can be used to capture the screenshot and embed it into log file.

eg.

Library     Browser    jsextension=${CURDIR}/module.js    run_on_failure=Take Screenshot    EMBED

And it will always embed the screenshot into log file.