Managed Browser seems to crash

Hi,

I have a test case which is configured like this

1. in an upper directory i create multiple browser instances by a template keyword (chrome and firefox) and open the login page of my application in each browser
  2. in a subdirectory i have a login test case. Its loop on all open browser enter login and password, validate the form and wait for the page to appear

the login step works, but this browser keywords fails

Wait For Navigation    /^.*\/BWDesignerFaces\/designer\.jsf/    regex=True

with the error in log.html

TimeoutError: page.waitForNavigation: Timeout 10000ms exceeded.
=========================== logs ===========================
waiting for navigation until "load"
navigated to "http://support-v64.xxxxxxx.fr:8080/BWDesignerFaces/designer.jsf" 
============================================================

but in playwright-log.txt we can read

{"level":30,"time":"2021-08-20T08:06:09.123Z","pid":10916,"hostname":"DESKTOP-92N8LAV","msg":"Changed active page"}
================= Original suppressed error =================
Error: No context for id context=549be205-a5f5-4c03-87eb-b6e266fb2800. Open contexts: context=300c81fe-203c-4f80-95ea-1234a8f924fe
    at C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python39\site-packages\Browser\wrapper\index.js:26638:23
    at step (C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python39\site-packages\Browser\wrapper\index.js:25919:23)
    at Object.next (C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python39\site-packages\Browser\wrapper\index.js:25900:53)
    at C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python39\site-packages\Browser\wrapper\index.js:25894:71
    at new Promise (<anonymous>)
    at __webpack_modules__../node/playwright-wrapper/playwright-state.ts.__awaiter (C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python39\site-packages\Browser\wrapper\index.js:25890:12)
    at _switchContext (C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python39\site-packages\Browser\wrapper\index.js:26626:12)
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python39\site-packages\Browser\wrapper\index.js:26723:42)
    at step (C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python39\site-packages\Browser\wrapper\index.js:25919:23)
    at Object.next (C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python39\site-packages\Browser\wrapper\index.js:25900:53)
=============================================================

i can also find a big list of error still in log.html like this

Calling method 'log_message' of listener 'C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\RobotTempDir11952931333147419741\TestRunnerAgent.py' failed: ConnectionAbortedError: [WinError 10053] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

please note that it works on a linux env but this case is produced with a windows machine

what shall i check now ?

So you are using a listener TestRunnerAgent.py , if you run your test from a simple command window, will it work? If so the problem is in your listener or IDE launcher.

1 Like

you’re surely right.

On my machine, run in terminal with robot command → no problem
In this case my coworker launch under windows with Eclipse !

He will make the test of launching from command line …

thx for your help, i will update the thread on monday

Serici

Well you were right, executing from the command line with robot script solves the problem.

thx for your help