we have Robot Tasks that we like to test. Since Robot Framework is a test automation framework it makes sense to run Robot Tests that execute Robot Tasks.
Currently we do it like this:
- Start robot test case from command line
- Robot test case prepares test state
- Robot test case start robot task with
- Robot test case checks status code from
Processand validates it passed.
- Robot test case adds link to task-log.html to its own log.html
Now, this is simple, but there are a few optimization possible. Esspecially using the
Process library does not seem right, since it would easily be possible to run robot in robot, I guess?
Is it possible to run robot in robot? Has anyone tried that before? Does anyone already have keywords to share?