Converting SAP UI Vision Scripts Using Robot Framework

Hi All,

I am using the following framework GitHub - CyrilM29/robotframework-sapfx: SAP test automation for Robot Framework: one business vocabulary across three channels (SAP GUI desktop, Fiori/SAPUI5 web, OData and RFC API), with self-healing locators and AI agents over MCP. Apache 2.0. · GitHub as its compatible with SAP GUI. I am currently in the process of converting UI Vision RPA Scripts to Robot Scripts. The problem I am facing is that the During the Process, Windows Open or Save Or Export Options take Place, I tried Implementing click or type with RPA.Desktop, RPA.Windows & FlaUi, but none are responding to the commands.

Any solutions or advice

Thank you and much apprciated for a quick Response

Regards

Trevor Dsouza

Hi Trevor,

If I’m understanding correctly your trying to deal with windows file dialogues within SAP GUI?

Here’s some idea’s to think about (basically how I’d try to solve it)

  1. To start with, I’m going to suggest checking your SAP GUI settings, specifically on the Accessibility & Scripting page, check the “Show native Microsoft Windows dialogs” setting

    If I remember correctly if this is enabled you get windows dialogues and if it’s disabled you get SAP GUI file dialogues, so if you disable it, libraries like SAP GUI Library or RoboSapians should be able to interact with the SAP GUI file dialogues.
  2. If that’s not an option, my next suggestion would be, consider if the test cases that are uploading or exporting files need to be tested in SAP GUI? If they can be tested in a browser via SAP Fiori or SAP GUI for HTML (aka WebGUI), then the browser libraries have was for handling file uploads and downloads, and this is probably the next easiest solution.
  3. if the tests need to be done with SAP GUI and must use native Microsoft Windows dialogs, as you’ve already tried FLAUI and that didn’t work I would suggest the next library to try is AutoIt Library, though I notice it’s been archived :worried: It should still work (at least for now) and is likely a better option than my next suggestion
  4. There is always the “last resort option” being image based automation, for this there are two options SeleniumLibrary and ImageHorizonLibrary, they both work in similar ways, in that they match a screen shot image against the current screen and move the mouse to that point and click / send key strokes, they allow you to test any gui application but tests using these libraries can be flaky and are sensitive to minor pixel changes between the screenshot and the screen (change the screen resolution or screen scaling and the tests start failing) which is why they are always the last resort if there’s no other library.

Hopefully something here will give you a solution,

Dave.

Thank you Dave. Let me try this and update you.

Hey Dave,

We were able to complete it via the SAP GUI file dialogues.
Thank you for your input :smiley: