Check when element is not visible

OK.No problem

Hi,
How to validate tooltip texts in desktop applications?
in my application i have one refresh button
i focused on that button using setfocus keyword
but focus its loosing very quickly even i gave some sleep time
Not sure how to get that tooltip text

If I remember correctly, normally a tool tip is triggered by the mouse hovering over the element?

Instead of the setfocus keyword, I would try this:

• Use Get Element with the same locator string as you used for setfocus, Get Element should return a WindowsElement
  • WindowsElement has properties: xcenter and ycenter
  • Use Move Region with xcenter and ycenter to mover the mouse to the centre of the element
  • sleep for some time to trigger the hover

Dave.

Hi
Tried as you told
Refresh tooltip
[Documentation] Refresh tooltip
Control Window regex:.*Attune
RPA.Windows.Click name:Home
${tooltip_message}= Get Element name:Refresh
Move Mouse 610,84
Its not locating
Here is my log

From the documentation I think you need to do this

Move mouse    point:610,84

In the example for Move Mouse, you can see:

Move mouse    Robocorp.Logo
Move mouse    offset:0,400

So you need to put something before the co-ordinates to let the keyword know it’s not an image file,

Then in the Readme we can see this table and example:

Hopefully that works,

Dave.

This is image based thing currently i am facing some issues with image thing so i am trying with without image.
IN the log there two x ,ycenters
Resulted root element x ,y centers
Returning element Resulted root element x ,y centers
I used Resulted root element x ,y centers
Generally which will use?

Hi
I got by using the move mouse without image
It showing tool tip
How to validate that tooltip message

According to this: Recording

The package provides some rudimentary inspecting and recording via the windows-record script, which can be started through the command line (in an environment containing the rpaframework-windows installation).

I guess you could use that to try and record the locator for the tool tip?

Otherwise you might have to use the image method to verify the tool tip? I don’t know enough about the locators for this library to know how to access the tool tips another way.

Dave.

HI,
I am trying to install my application with robot framework
using process library with run process keyword
Here installation dialog is opened
In that i have two radio buttons but i am unable to select those
Do you have any idea to solve this?

Is the objective to test the install wizard or just to get the software installed?

• If it’s just to get the software installed, I would suggest using a silent install, most windows installers have command line for silent install with either command line options for various settings or an answer file of some form. This is the safer way of doing the install.
  • If you are trying to test the install, most windows installers, the window is always the same size and the radio buttons are usually in the same place every time you run the install, regardless of the machine, so you can probably click an x,z co-ordinate relative to the window’s position.
    • also a well designed installer should have a shortcut key for the option you want in the text of the option there should be a letter underlined, and pressing ALT+ for that letter should trigger the radio button to be selected

Hopefully that’ll help.

Dave.

2 Likes