Automatic wait until network is silent

Hi All,
I recently started to use rf-browser library. I wonder if there is some way how to wait until network is silent before action.

For selenium we were using ‘Event firing webdriver’ that was doing before_find hook with:

WebDriverWait(
            driver, local_timeout, poll_frq,
            ignored_exceptions=[TimeoutException]).until(
            lambda x: driver.execute_script(
                "return angular.element(document).injector().get('$http')"
                ".pendingRequests.length === 0"))

So this was waiting before any action to network become silent.
I found out that, playwright/browser does not do this because while testing I found that there was ‘loading gear’ on my screen and browser was doing its work.

Problem is that our app do not blank/disable screen while it is loading, It just simple shows small rotating gear at the top left corner, so the automatic waiting of browser/playwright find that element is ready to work with.

Is there any way how to run this waiting automatically before each element interaction?

Thanks

Hi Tomas,

Is this what you are after: Wait Until Network Is Idle ?

Dave.

Hi,
I know that keyword, but I need it to run before every element interaction. Something like that selenium event firing webdriver. I don’t want to put this keyword into every keyword I have available. It does not make sense to me. So I’m looking for some ‘automatic way’ how to wait for network idle at the library level.

Ok I’m not an expert on Browser Library, I don’t know any way to do it automatically.

hopefully someone can answer your question.

Dave.

1 Like

Hi All, I recently started to use rf-browser library. I wonder if there is some way how to wait until network is silent before action cps test .Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon … This policy setting determines whether Group Policy processing is synchronous (that is, whether … I hope this post gets you thinking about how you’re logging in your network automation* projects. While you might not use syslog or Webex, there …