Access denied error when script is executed. Browser is not opening

I am writing this to find a solution for an error I am receiving

I am automating application using Robot framework using Python with Selenium Below is the versions for information

Python 3.11
Selenium 4.9
robotframework 6.1
robotframework-pythonlibcore 4.2.0
robotframework-seleniumlibrary 6.1.0
Pycharm IDE

The scripts used to work perfectly until few days ago. Now, I see error regarding authentication saying
“Access Denied (authentication_failed)
Your credentials could not be authenticated: “Credentials are missing.”.
You will not be permitted access until your credentials can be verified. This is typically caused by an incorrect username and/or password, but could also be caused by network problems. For assistance, contact your network support team.”

When executed, The browser is not opening up. I am writing this to find a solution for an error I am receiving

sample code

*** Settings ***
Library SeleniumLibrary

*** Variables ***

*** Test Cases ***
LoginTest
Create Webdriver Chrome executable_path=“C:\Driver\chromedrive.exe”
Open Browser https://www.google.com Chrome
Sleep 15

*** Keywords ***

Try to find the root cause. What changed that caused the need for authentication?

I see you are trying Google page. Maybe they enforced authentication for bots like access?
If you try with other search engine like DuckDuckGo, would the same authentication be requested? This may indicate a proxyin your network.

In sum, I don’t think it is a Robot Framework/SeleniumLibrary problem.

1 Like

The scripts started to work fine after removing the HTTP_PROXY and HTTPS_PROXY from Environment variables. Thank you and much appreciate for the response.

2 Likes