Writing tests in RIDE to communicate with IBM MQ

I am using the PyMQI library within the Robot Framework to exchange messages with IBM MQ queues. This is done by writing simple Python scripts and invoking them from robot test cases.
I would like to use the PyMQI library and its Keywords directly from within RIDE.
However when I try to import and use the PyMQI library within RIDE the following errors are thrown when I try to run a test.

[ ERROR ] Error in library ‘pymqi’: Adding keyword ‘Common Q Args’ failed: Keyword with same name defined multiple times.
[ ERROR ] Error in library ‘pymqi’: Adding keyword ‘Make Q Desc’ failed: Keyword with same name defined multiple times.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am not familiar with that library. Please attach a small example. It would be nice if we can execute it with some public MQ server, or faking on our machines.

I also need to know if you can run without problems on command line, and the problem is only when using RIDE.

I’d make a separate wrapper library that imports pymqi, import the methods needed and wrap them into keywords … Using python library that is not intended as robot framework keyword library may work in some cases but will lead to results – like you are seeing now.

Thanks for your responses guys. Finally I did not try to integrate this library in RIDE but simply refer to a python script from within RIDE and pass MQ related values via parameters. This python script handles the MQ connections