I have started working in Robocorp at the beginning of the year as part of the RPA Framework team.
Our target is to provide Robot Developers with wide set of libraries to implement their software robots.
This has been hectic four months and our work needs to continue hard. We are already at the stage where we can take in public contributions into our repository. All feedback and issue reports on our offering is extremely valuable and appreciated! Our repository is at https://github.com/robocorp/rpa-framework
Best progress has been done when libraries are implemented together with customer and when supporting real use cases.
There is already inspector feature which allows easy selection of locators from Windows elements, browsers elements and images. More about that in the Hub (https://hub.robocorp.com/development/robocode-documentation/locating-and-targeting-user-interface-elements-in-robocode-lab/)
At the moment we have support for following set of features:
- Browser - Control browsers and automate the web
- Database - Interact with databases
- Desktop.Clipboard - Interact with the system clipboard
- Desktop.OperatingSystem - Read OS information and manipulate processes
- Desktop.Windows - Automate Windows desktop applications
- Email.Exchange - E-Mail operations (Exchange protocol)
- Email.ImapSmtp - E-Mail operations (IMAP & SMTP)
- Excel.Application - Control the Excel desktop application
- Excel.Files - Manipulate Excel files directly
- FileSystem - Read and manipulate files and paths
- HTTP - Interact directly with web APIs
- Images - Manipulate images
- Outlook.Application - Control the Outlook desktop application
- PDF - Read and create PDF documents
- Robocloud.Items - Use the Robocloud Work Items API
- Robocloud.Secrets - Use the Robocloud Secrets API
- Salesforce - Salesforce operations
- Slack - Send notifications to Slack channels
- SAP - Control SAP GUI desktop client
- Tables - Manipulate, sort, and filter tabular data
- Word.Application - Control the Word desktop application
This is the situation at the moment, but the target is almost doubling the current offering by our first official release in the beginning of the July. Releases coming at least once a week.
Give the library a try and provide your feedback. Current release version is 0.8.5
pip install rpa-framework